Launching in 2018, The STC Directory is based on a "pearl of wisdom" that
I keep hearing from very successful private practitioners:
The best way to grow a practice is to build
solid and supportive relationships with colleagues.
Unfortunately, there's not an easy way to do this unless we're willing to search through
multiple websites or online profiles.
All of this is time consuming when we need an immediate case consult,
when it's a slow month and we need clients, or we just need to connect and network more.
My sincere hope is the STC directory fills this gap and, and
with just a few clicks, makes it easier to:
• Connect and collaborate with colleagues who share our passions.
• Consult on cases.
• Refer and get referrals from colleagues locally, nationally, and internationally.
• Allow supervisors to connect with supervisees and vice versa.
Here's a video of the most recent update to the directory =).
STC LEARNING LIBRARY
A second component of the directory is the Learning Library, a tool to learn what's working in private practice.
More specifically, we'll learn:
• From colleagues about their day to day journey as practitoners (e.g., what's working for them, what's not working, how do they get referrals, etc).
• "How To" do certain things in private practice (e.g., how to connect with refferal sources) and scaling beyond (e.g., writing a book or creating an e-course).
• Website reviews with Melvin and another expert to improve our private practice websites.
• Live, interactive, Q/A's so we can ask more nuanced questions to
colleagues and other experts.
Below, you'll find that shows a prototype of the Learning Library and an explainer video =).
On a deeper level, as STC grows, I want to use resources to make a
positive impact in the world.